The PAYMENT REQUEST message
The Payment Request message allows you to ask your guests to make a payment when there is an outstanding amount to be charged; Either because the payment FAILED or due to a processing ERROR.
It can be set up to be sent AUTOMATICALLY when a payment fails, otherwise you can send it ON DEMAND.
Here are the steps on how to set up the Automated Payment Request:
- Click the Settings Icon at the top right-hand side and click on "Manage Configurations"
- Click “RESERVATIONS” and select “Welcome App Settings”
- Select the desired configuration
- From here, select “CUSTOM MESSAGES” > then click the Plus Icon (+) at the left-hand side of the screen.
- Open the "Message behavior" dropdown, and select “Payment Request”.
- Under Scheduling Options, please select “ON FAILED PAYMENT”.
- Add the Email Subject.
- Add the Email Salutation.
- Add the Email Text.
- Add the Email Button text.
Lastly, you can copy the Email text and paste it to the “SMS Text Field” for those guests who will opt-in for SMS text message notification.
Once saved it will appear in the custom messages tab.
Watch our video tutorial: