Table of ContentsNew Booking.com cancellation policiesWhat these changes mean for youWhat you need to do in KigoHow to modify the Payment Plan in Kigo
New Booking.com cancellation policies
Starting from the 17th of May 2021, Booking.com has made changes to the supported types of cancellation and prepayment policies. Click HERE to read the Booking.com article.
The main changes are:
- Cancellation and prepayment policies with percentages that are not 50% and 100% fees won't be supported anymore. No prepayment for free cancellation policies will also continue to be supported.
Cancellation and prepayment policies with multiple fees will no longer be supported.
- For example, a policy with a 50% fee charged at booking and a 50% fee charged seven days before check-in.
- Policies where the cancellation fee does not match the prepayment amount will no longer be supported – except in the case of free cancellation in combination with no prepayment.
What these changes mean for you
On 17 May, any remaining non-supported cancellation and prepayment policies have been automatically changed in Booking.com to the nearest stricter policy. That means:
Any policies with fees other than the first night, 50% and 100% cancellation fee will be moved to the nearest higher fee that’s supported.
- For example, if you have a policy with a 30% fee, this will be changed to 50%. If you have a policy with a two-night fee, this will be changed to 100%.
Policies with multiple fees will be changed to have a one-time fee charge.
- For example, if you have a policy with a 50% fee at booking and a 50% fee 7 days before arrival, this will be changed to a 100% fee at booking.
- Any policy override adjustments for future stay dates with remaining non-supported cancellation and prepayment policies will be automatically changed to a supported policy as per the changes above.
You can update the automatic changes made to your policies to a different supported policy.
Please visit Booking.com Partner Hub page in order to learn more about changing non-supported policies.
What you need to do in Kigo
Please review the Payment Plans of the contract configurations assigned to your listings in the Booking.com collection and make sure it matches with the desired Cancellation policy in Booking.com. Remember, if you are using the "Rates & Availability" connection, you will need to make the same changes in Booking.com.
How to modify the Payment Plan in Kigo
To modify your payment plan, go to the Payment Plan tab and click on "Edit":
- Add Button
- "Collect at time of booking" > type "0" %
- "Reminder due prior to check-in" > the accepted options are 60, 42, 30, 14, 7, 5, 3, 2, 1 and 0 days
- "Collect at time of booking" > type "50" % > must correspond with the cancellation fee in Booking.com.
- "Reminder due prior to check-in": the accepted option is 0 days > this means that the remaining 50% will be charged the day of the arrival (according to the new Booking.com policies).
Which type of connection are you using?
only Rates & Availability
- Add Button
- In Kigo, you can choose if you want the "Cancellation Policy" Refundable or Not Refundable.
- In Booking.com, please specify the conditions accordingly by selecting the number of days your guests can cancel free of charge and in the field "How much is the guest charged" choose "50% of the total price".
- "Collect at time of booking" > type "100" % > must correspond with the cancellation fee in Booking.com.
- "Reminder due prior to check-in": the accepted options in Booking.com are 60, 42, 30, 14, 7, 5, 3, 2, 1 and 0 days
Is it refundable?
Is it not refundable?
- Add Button